Vice President of Environmental Health and Safety - 101709
Designs and implements a world-class safety program. Manages and oversees environmental, health, safety and associated compliance. Develops and implements operational direction of EHS function. Defines performance metrics/management and improvement targets; evaluates and provides senior management with metric base results. Drives incident resolution; meets business unit improvement expectations for incident rates and cost containment. Monitors annual budget Provides guidance, oversight and direction to EHS professionals and team members.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
1. Develops and coordinates formal system for the management of environmental health and safety issues. Ensures the provision of appropriate resources to plan, implement, monitor and review the effectiveness of the system.
2. Ensures full regulatory environmental compliance by providing research and support to ensure site processes and technical projects meet state and federal requirements. Compiles, completes, and files associated statutory reports.
3. Provides information and analysis in support of administration action or hearing, lawsuit or regulatory action involving EHS matters on behalf of the company.
4. Leads development and implementation of injury and illness prevention programs. Provides technical consultation, assistance and training on loss prevention strategies.
5. Develops, implements, and continuously improves safety and health tools, systems and processes to meet the goal of zero injuries and to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company policies and procedures.
6. Enhances awareness and education regarding the importance of integrating the identification, assessment and control of EHS risks into business planning and operational activities. Ensures that all significant risks are logged and managed as part of the risk assessment.
7. Develops and implements training education programs to ensure effective and actionable knowledge of EHS regulations, requirements and company objectives.
8. Participates in Worker’s Comp Claim’s Reviews to direct strategies for minimizing the company’s exposure to losses.
9. Develops recommendations, implementation strategies and tactics, and funding documentation to put in place systems or programs that will prevent/eliminate accident and injuries.
10. Assesses EHS compliance and risks with potential acquisitions. Assists with the integration of acquisitions and initiates safety culture transition for assimilation with business unit.
11. Travels as required, up to 40% of the time.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or related fields. OSHA 500 certification, or similar EHS related certifications and accreditations10+ years of EHS related experience.
* 5+ years EHS management experience.
* 5+ yeas experience supporting field services.
* 5+ years of leadership experience in driving culture change and implementing procedures and best practices.
* Experience in dispersed workforce environment.
* Compliance audit experience required
* Behavioral Based safety experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Extensive expertise with EHS legislation, regulation and compliance experience.
* Ability to be a charismatic cultural change leader that can drive results through direct and non-direct influence.
* A track record of successful leadership and regulatory compliance excellence.
* Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, decision-making, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience and confidence in public speaking, report-writing and dealing with regulators.
* Ability to develop initiatives to reduce health and safety losses by establishing and enforcing effective health and safety policies.
* Demonstrated experience implementing and teaching Behavioral Based Safety Management.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well under pressure, take the initiative, and be flexible and cooperative.
* Strong utilization of organizational skills with good attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
* Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel, vendors and medical professionals.
* Conveys a positive and professional image to employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.