VP Communications - 100346
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Responsible for the direction, development and execution of comprehensive Business Unit specific communications supporting the Company mission, principles, and objectives. This position is also responsible for working cross-functionally within the communication department to develop and create a culture of effective corporate communication.
1. Serve as chief spokesperson for the Business Unit
2. Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy and plan for the business unit that is consistent with ServiceMaster’s overall vision and business objectives
3. Work closely with Business Unit leader/s to help develop an ongoing strategy for their communications as well as provide advice and counsel on communications matters and certain employee relations matters
4. Collaborate with COE leads to manage budget and ensure consistent communications voice, processes and tools
5. Prepare detailed service level agreements (SLA) for all major projects or initiatives
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree required; a Master’s degree preferred
* Six Sigma certification preferred
* 7-10 years of related corporate communications/public relations experience; journalism background desirable
* Experience in developing proactive multimedia communications campaigns, leading a corporate communications function and managing people, and/or teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to think strategically, with solid business knowledge, organizational savvy and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well with team members and all levels of management
* Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multitask, organize, prioritize and follow through on commitments
* Ability to maintain discretion and manage confidential information
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and excellent working knowledge of Internet/intranet
* Ability to travel and work flexible hours as necessary and be on call to respond to any PR/Media/Crisis situations that may arise
* Ability to respond to rapidly changing conditions with agility and imagination, capitalizing on emerging communication opportunities
* Excellent writing skills and ability to tailor messages to specific and multiple constituencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.